Monday 17 October 2011

Review - Dean Street Townhouse, London

I really love Soho at the moment, I swear a new bar or restaurant opens on a daily basis, which can only be good news. Of course Dean Street Town house has been around long before these new swanky joints. This was my second visit and once again I am impressed with the food. Lamb Sweetbreads, beautifully tender with tiny Girolle mushrooms and broad beans with a sauce which I am warned by our very young and helpful waitress will be served just at room temperature. No further explanation? Not shown on their menu via their web site, so a pleasant surprise. My guest diner on receiving his Monkfish, scallops and bacon with Pearl Barley pauses somewhat when it's placed in front of him. Is this a starter pretending to be a Main or maybe a Monkfish pretending to be an infant? It's looks rather a small portion, but no wait, he comes up smiling and suitably filled.

Yes this place is expensive, charging £4 each for some tiny side veg dishes and even £3 for some truffles bought with our coffee. But hey, this is swanky Soho and this place has a real buzz about it that makes you crave more.

Super efficient service both at front of house and throughout and a real joy.

They are clearly forward thinkers here as I see from their web site that their Christmas set Menu is already in place although my garden still has a few daffodils lurking!

Still. it's useful to see what I can eat in December but, whatever you do don't look at the price!

No comments:

Post a Comment